Friday, March 28, 2008

Friends friends friends

Well the bad news is my laptop is done, kaputt, fertig! The tech guy said it needs a new LCD screen and the hard drive is "getting bad" so looks like March will be a very expensive month for me. The good news is I was able to salvage all my pictures and other files, I also downloaded the last of my Germany and London pics!!!

Our last night in Dresden we met up with Kate's friend Sarah for her birthday!
Kate bought a present for Sarah and because she had no ribbon she used this scarf instead....she also threw in some Ritter Sport chocolate, Halbbitter, my favorite!


Kate with her beautiful wrapping job.
Kate with her beautiful wrapping job.

White Russians (one of my favorite drinks) In Germany have a thicker cream than in the US and are VERY good (aka VERY strong)

Our English friend Robbie with a White Russian, don't get him started telling jokes because he won't stop. Looks like Kate is having a laugh though!


Pretending to be friends.


Greeting one of our new German friends....I'm not sure if he is enjoying our air kiss or looking for something he dropped on the floor?

Another German friend.



The tram outside Kate's apartment in on Louisenstrasse.



At the hotel in Berlin, our reaction to hanging out with Kate so much.


Then on to London!!!!!
A blurred view of the Thames.


Liza outside Piccadilly Cirus, the "Time Square" of London.


Its not Chapati but it was good! I was a fan of the Kingfisher beer. The waiter told us that one order of Naan (the Indain bread that is taking over my entire plate) would not be big enough to split....

So we both enjoyed our own gigantic Naans. The waiter kept calling the tap water that you see in the wine glass their "very best white"...I think he has a lying problem. \
Anyway those are the shots from the rest of my trip! Tonight along with the rest of Madison I'll be watching Wisconsin play Davidson in the Sweet 16! Very exciting!

2 comments:

KandA said...

HIIIIIII!!!!! Love the last installment...miss you lots. Can't wait to hang out this summer!

Kamna said...

keep posting...i am reading! it is my entertainment at work!

that sucks about your laptop...mine pooped out on me this weekend too. but i hope mine can be saved...

on a better note
GO HEELS!!!

LOVE U!