Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Last day in Berlin

Here is a recap of the rest of my trip, these pictures were stolen from Kate, mine will have to come later because my laptop starting acting crazy and I'm not sure how to upload photos onto my computer at work.

If you have read adventureswithoutkyla.blogspot.com then you know a lot of the story.

Last Saturday Kate and I woke up VERY early after VERY little sleep thanks to the Dresden nightlife to catch a train to Berlin. We rode with Kate's english friend Robbie who was going on vacation in Spain. Actually we didn't ride with him because Kate and I had first class tickets as we are so fabulous (and they were the same price as coach....). I bought a hardboiled egg and cucumber sandwhich (only in Germany) and then slept the entire 2 hours. Kate and Robbie had a rendevous in the coffee cart and watched the beautiful German countryside roll by.

Once in Berlin we checked into our gorgeous hotel room complete with a redcarpet to the street and walked around. We went into a million shoe shops because Kate was on a mission to find cute boots. Unfortunaly in Germany boot season is OVER which means no boots being sold, not even on sale. Kate accredits this to the fact that Germans are obsessed with what is "in season" and would not be caught dead selling something out of season. We did find one rouge store with cute boots but no luck for Kate.

In front of the Erotik Museum.

Then it was time to get Anna!!! We took a bus to the airport, ate at the Burger King and watched Anna through the glass as she got her bags. It was so good to see her! We then took the bus back to Berlin and walked around some more. Our day ended with delicious pizza and Snakebites from the Irish Pub that Kate and I frequented back when we visited Germany in college. We of course stocked up on lots of chocolate, went back to the room and passed out. Poor Anna had to sleep in between the two single mattresses where there was a gapping hole, Kate and I also took the two pillows...hey we are old ladies!

Snakebites Kate is sad that 1) I am leaving tomorrow and 2) She just doesn't get checked out by German dudes like me and Anna!

Sunday was my last day :( We had a traditional German breakfast of Dunkin Donuts, walked around the city, educated Anna on some facts she did not know (like what city the Berlin wall is in...) and then went to the airport! We ate at Burger King again (yes my last day in Germany was complete with both Dunkin Donuts AND Burger King), Kate checked out the guy behind the counter...and the guy by the door....and the janitor while Anna and I had to avoid the lusting gazes of every man in the place. At Dunkin

My departure was very sad, espcially knowing that they are continuing the German adventure without me. Then it was off to London!

2 comments:

KandA said...

KYLA WE MISSSS YOU!!!!! :(

KandA said...

Hahaha....I laughed out loud when I read the captions on my Snakebite pic.