Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Celebratin'

On Saturday I went to Rhythm & Booms, Madison's 4th of July fireworks display. I have heard that it is the largest fireworks display in the Midwest (!!!). A friend works for a radio station in Madison and she hooked us up with VIP passes which got us away from the crowds, close to the stage with live music and away from the huge lines at the Port-o-Pottys. There was also free Miller Lite and wings! Woohoo! The fireworks were really cool, especially the sparkly ones, and were all timed to music that was blaring from a nearby RV.






In other news I took my first class at the gym last week and was so sore for the next few days that I actually though I was sick. In fact I was sure that I had a stomach ache and so didn't go to work on Wednesday. It turned out to be my abs just weren't used to that kind of exercise....I didn't quit though and have been going back for more classes in the hopes I won't be so pathetic. I took another one yesterday and this morning could actually lift my arms without crying, I think I'm making progress!

1 comment:

Julie said...

WHHAAATTT?!?!? you called in sick and it was only 'sore abs'? You're fired! (Your boss)