Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dinner Party Crew!

A group of five friends and I started a "Dinner Party Crew" at the end of June and get together every Monday night (with the exception of the Monday my wisdom teeth came out--we had that one last Thursday and I went to it even though I had to wear a scarf to cover the hideous lower half of my face). It all started as a random cookout but I'm glad it has progressed into a weekly tradition! Some of the members are quite impressive with their cooking and presentation skills. My turn is next week and I am definitely nervous I won't live up to the precedent. Luckily I am partnering up with someone else so all the blame can't be placed on me:) Here are some pictures from Dinner Party #1 and #2 (I had to miss #3 because of everything that has happened to me but Kelly and Eva put on quite the show).

Dinner Party #1:
Brie, tomatoes and a sauce that I thought was chocolate but was not:
Corn on the cob, steak and portobello mushrooms:
Local custard with a yummy chocolate thingy:

The Dinner Party Crew: Kelly, Chris, Dave, me, Eva and Mike

Dinner Party #2:
Butternut Squash and seared scallops:

teriyaki-glazed salmon, cous cous and asparagus:
Creme Brulee!!! No one should go to college without their trusty creme brulee torch:




No comments: