Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I spoke too soon.

Ok so I am still alive but things did not go as smoothly as I thought they would. I ended up getting a major infection and after going back to the doctor for a third time (last Friday) found out that my swelling was not normal. My face looked like it had gained 50 pounds and was pretty freaky. I had to go under general anesthesia and get it drained right then and there with no time to think about what was happening. The procedure went well and I was sent home for the weekend with a little tube sticking out of my face (under my chin on the left side). Luckily it was covered with a big bandage but it was pretty gross. I started on antibiotics and popped pain pills all weekend. I had to miss my friend's wedding in Minneapolis which I'm really sad about but there wasn't much I could do.

My mom flew up on Sunday morning to take care of me and luckily I was starting to feel a lot better. We've been staying at her hotel and taking in all the sights in Madison that I never new existed!! We went to the Madison zoo, saw the Art Fair on the Captial Square, checked out the Mustard Factory in Mt. Horeb, saw a Midsummer Nights Dream in Spring Green, shopped on State Street, had ice cream on the terrace and have gone out to eat quite a bit. Tonight we are going to Concerts on the Square. I'm still pretty tired a lot of the time but things are improving rapidly. My face is still a little swollen but nothing like before and I'm finally back at work today for the first time in a week and a half. I'm so glad this is almost over!

No comments: