Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend in Madison...where I live...

This was my first weekend in Madison in an entire month and my also first official summer weekend in Madison...ever! To kick it off I met up with some friends at the terrace on Friday after work where we enjoyed the sun, lake and pitchers of beer. Afterwards we grabbed some chinese-thai food from a place called Chins, which after some discussion did not receive great reviews, but was decent enough for the price. Later we met up with a few more friends and checked out the comedy club where our friend was hosting (yeah, we know famous people). Afterwards we hung out at the glamorous/chic Silver Dollar where we played shuffle board and drank cheap beer until they kicked us out.

Saturday was a gorgeous day so Mali and I went to the farmers market where I bought some delicious sugar snap peas and a cinnamon roll and Mali bought strawberries and hot spicy cheese bread. I also met my friend/classmate Adam's newborn baby and got to hold her! She is a month old and really adorable. It was my first time holding a baby and fortunately nothing bad happened, its easy: just don't move a muscle until they take the baby back. Then we headed down to James Madison Park with our towels and books and enjoyed the lake and the people watching. We went back to my apartment afterwards and began to get pretty bored with watching TV when we were saved by our friend Rick with an invite for BBQ ribs at his place! With renewed energy we were there in a flash and the evening was salvaged. On the menu was delicious ribs, salad with lettuce from Rick's garden, corn, baked beans and macaroni salad. However being in the sun all day took its toll and by the end of the day we were exhausted, full, slightly sun-burned but happy.
Rick BBQ-ing:

Picture of me because this is my blog:

Mali with her usual accessory (and I dont mean the sunglasses):

Our dining room table, lots of paper towels were needed:

And the finished product:

No comments: