Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Water and Sun

This past weekend I ventured "up north" to Camp with three friends Mali, Sean and Rick. This was not the wisest time to make the drive because unless you have been living under a rock you know about the flooding that has devasted the midwest. Parts of the highway were shut down so we got to experience some inventive detours (mostly through trial and error), making new friends along the way in towns such as Montello and Pardeeville! Travel Scrabble, food and the beautiful Wisconsin scenery, oh and the company, made the ride bearable and we made it in only 6 hours!!!!

Flooded cemetary:
Flooding and devastation:More flooding and devastation:


Camp was fun, we saw all our friends before they left for their trips this summer, hung out in the sun by the lake oh and I was offered a 25 day backpacking trip in Montana...After doing massive calculations (in my head as I had no calculator) and seeing if I could possibly scale my hours at my "jobby job" down to 20hrs/week, work full time June and August so I could take off the month of July, I realized it was not really feasible and would probably be very stressful. So here I am sitting at work and crying inwardly. But overall it was a great time.
Friends:


On the drive up I had to tie myself in as the seatbelt was broken:


Calling all my people on all my phones, yes I had much business to take care of in the Northwoods, it wasn't all fun and games.

No comments: