Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Back

I'm back in not 100 degrees and humid Madison, however the trip did not go as planned. I was supposed to fly back on Sunday afternoon and make it to Mad-town in time for my improv class but it was not meant to be. At the Raleigh-Durham airport I was in the process of boarding the plane when they made everyone turn around because of a "possible two hour weather delay"...this was weird because there was no weather except hot in NC. Because this would make me miss my connection in Detroit I got in line to talk to the Northwest person behind the desk. She told me I was missing the last flight out of Detroit to Madison and they could reroute me through LaGuarida....WHAT!?!?, that is like the worst airport ever. I asked if I could just leave the next day and she said no problem, switched my flight to 12:30pm on Monday and gave me a $300 travel voucher. So in the end I got one more night at home, enough money for a free plane ticket, and missed a lot of hassle. I later learned that there were huge storms all over the midwest and lots of flooding in Wisconsin, three houses even floated away in the Wisconsin Dells! Crazy.

No comments: