Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Thrill

Chapel Hill has treated me well the past couple days. I got in on Saturday afternoon and after stopping by the house to greet my dogs my dad and I headed out for some sushi for dinner. It was my first time eating the REAL stuff, the actual raw fish not just the sushi rolls and I really liked it.

Saturday night I went out on the town with my good friends and old schoolmates from East Chapel Hill High, we had a Tyler Hansbrough sighting which is not rare and always entertaining for at least 2 minutes.

Sunday was spent by the pool (my reddened shoulders haven't forgiven me yet) and Sunday night I went to a Durham Bulls game, a tradition for most people living in the area. We had a couple jumbo dogs, peanuts and beer but ended up leaving at the fourth inning after a gigantic storm came through delaying the game for a couple of hours.

On Monday I spent more time at another pool and also a did a little shopping. That night I met up with some friends and we fired up the grill and feasted on fruit salad, steak, chicken and veggie kababs, rice, wine and cucumber salad....delicious!

I spent an exciting morning today at the DMV getting my North Carolina license back (I had switched to a Wisconsin one last year) which wasn't difficult because it was still valid. In the afternoon Lauren and I got much needed pedicures with some hot pink nail polish and chair massages to boot.

My mom got back safe from Bali last night and tomorrow we are headed up to Washington DC for a few days. Should be fun! I can't say I am missing work right now.

No comments: