Monday, April 7, 2008

Fame can be tough.

So I am really great friends with a famous comedian....at least famous in the Madison, WI circle... and was invited along with a select few VIPs to attend his show at the Comedy Club on State Street (Madison's famous and most happenin' street)...OK actually we made reservations online and then paid a dollar to get in because it was student night...but Sean was still hosting which is cool.

Sean performing.



Also our friends Dave and Sarah came to visit which was SOOO exciting because I haven't seen either of them since our days in Northfield, MN where we attended the prestigous schools of St. Olaf (Dave and I) and Carleton (Sarah), but actually we all know each other and Sean from Camp Manito-wish. After an awkward dinner at a Thai-ish restaurant Sean, Dave, Mali, Sarah and I (yes I was a fifth wheel, my date was probably stuck in traffic after a late night at the office and couldn't call because the reception was bad...) headed the "the club", as we like to call it, got drinks and settled in.
Dave SO excited to finally see me again!


Signing autographs for adoring fans!

Sarah and Mali

The show was great. Afterwards I got hit by a taxi (but don't worry I am fine) while walking to a local bar called Paul's club which is famous among celeb magazines for the tree it has INSIDE THE BAR!
The (in)famous Paul's Club Tree.

Everyone was dying to talk to me all night long! I had to beat them off with sticks!!


After a few more drinks we realized it was only Thursday night and most of us had to work in the morning....oh and I had a presentation to give, so we called it a night. I'm pretty sure Sean was late the next morning but I guess that is the price you must pay for life in the fast lane.

"Thursday?? Whatever!"





1 comment:

KandA said...

I love it! I wish I could have been your date! I can't believe you got to see Dave---lucky girl! Looks like you had fun, though...The weather is so nice here. I'm actually going to go for a jog!!!!!! I didn't leave my number with bagel boy. He's reserved for you...Plus, I've got my sights on someone else...Miss you!