Friday, June 15, 2012

I PASSED.... and other scintillating news

This is month old news but I PASSED my doctoral methods qualifying exam!!!

In other exciting news, my parents are at their 35th college reunion at Carleton College and stopped by St. Olaf College since it is just across the railroad tracks in the little town of Northfield.

My mom bought me something I have wanted ever since I cursed the old people clogging up and slowing down the cafeteria line at Winterfest when I was a young college student. What is it??

A 100% Real, 100% Wool, made in Norway specifically for St. Olaf College, Norwegian Sweater! 



Oh. My. God. I can't wait until I'm 80 and my grandchild scores me tickets to Winterfest and I can wander around the cafeteria wearing my sweater, purposefully getting in those punk college kids' way along with hundreds of other alumni doing the same thing.

She also got this for Baby Blade:

1 comment:

Julie said...

Thank you for spelling Carleton correctly - not bad for an Ole! And now you don't have to wait until you're 80 to breeze around in that absolutely um-ya-yummy sweater...
Mom