Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Louisville

A couple weeks ago I headed up to Louisville for the 4th of July and stayed with Ben and his family. Look at who greeted me!
and....Meadow! (look at the little 'unicorn' on top of her head)

On Saturday Ben and I went to Churchill Downs, home of the Kentucky Derby, because I've always wanted to see it in action. There were 13 races going on that day so we made the most conservative, all odds in your favor bets: out of 7 horses we guessed who the top 4 winners would be, in no particular order. Easy right? Just eliminate the 3 weakest horses/riders?
NOPE! We lost EVERY SINGLE TIME. And it was always because we were off by just one horse. It was incredibly frustrating because I thought I would at least get beginners luck, but we still had fun and only bet ~$30 for the whole day.

Ben in our box seats:
This one didn't turn out well but as you can see, I am wearing a hat:
Maggie didn't even go but she was EXHAUSTED after the races:
She always complains that there isn't enough room for her to sleep:
That's because she thinks she is a human and those around her never tell her otherwise. She has the most cushy life of all the pups I know. Look at the 'M' on her chest!

No comments: