Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Dresser Dilemma...

Seriously, this wasn't supposed to be this hard! I thought I was so awesome because I transformed my ugly brown dresser into a sleek white antique that could be sold on Ebay for tens of dollars (if I wanted).

I assumed painting would be the hardest part, but no, it is the HANDLES are driving me crazy!

This is the handle I picked out. It is silver, sleek, and came with the two screws you see in the middle that are in the bag. But they were WAY too long to work. The handle would just pull right out of the drawer and was no where near secure.

Today I stopped by Ace hardware and picked up the screws that are on the far right thinking they would work perfectly! My reasoning: they are longer than the original screws, on the left, which were too short for the new handles (I tried in vain) but shorter than the long screws, yay!

When I got home I realized they too were too short, but just maayyyyybeeee I tried them anyway. The first 3 handles actually were screwed in perfectly. I thought, yessssss, I am a master.

But when I got to the forth it didn't work anymore. The fact that I had bought 21 screws (one for good luck, obviously a gimmick to get me to spend another six cents) that were too short finally sunk in.

I have to go back to Ace Hardware and spend another $1.35. But not today. Today I will look at my mismatched dresser and think about what lessons I have learned.

(PS this is my second post of the day. So gramma, if you are reading this, scroll down to see the post below)

No comments: