Thursday, August 6, 2009

Devil's Lake

A few weeks ago a bunch of us went up to Devil's Lake for a weekend of camping and (unexpectedly) climbing. I hadn't been car camping in years, and I forgot how much fun it is. You can bring EVERYTHING.

On Friday we all arrived, had some food and went to bed. Saturday we went on a long hike to see the views of the lake and attempted some rock climbing.

A view of Devils Lake
Lucy's crew (Matt, me, Mali and Sean)
Mali and I with a statue of a dude
Sean telling Lucy secrets
Friends!
Best friends! Matt "helping" Mike with the ropes
Devils Door

We could not find Balanced Rock. I don't know why.
Mali talked me down. Life is worth living!
But I accidentally fell anyway and had to climb back up.
Climbing ropes everywhere
Oh wow, someone caught me in this natural, candid pose!
Everyone tried climbing and, to my surprise, we all made it to the top. As you can see I worked hard and paid lots of attention when Mike was climbing in preparation for my own go at it.

Me before the climb, faking confidence
But I made it higher....And higher!
Can't even see me (I think I'm behind some branches)A cool shot of Ron climbing

Lucy climbing on Mali's shoulders, she is special.
Saturday night we celebrated not dying and cooked up some delicious food. That night I slept like a rock and Sunday after breakfast we headed back to Madison.

No comments: