Tuesday, July 28, 2009

my last summer vacation

It has been a long time since I posted!

This is what is going on:

For those of you who don't know, I got a fantabulous job in North Carolina. It is with the National Toxicology Program: Center for Evaluation of Risks to Human Reproduction. This is headquarted at NIH's National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences.

Full acroynym? NIH: NIEHS: NTP: CERHR

Anyway, I'm very excited about this job and have already started by working as a consultant. Being a consultant is fantastic because I can work whenever I want, as much or as little as I want, and I can work from my apartment in Madison!

It feels like I am having a last real summer which is what I really need between the hell of finishing grad school and the start of my first real job.

I have to leave my apartment by August 14th so I plan to stay with friends until the end of August (my job officially starts in September). I hired movers to get my stuff from here to North Carolina which was a semi-expensive (actually cheaper than a U-Haul) but very worthwhile choice.

Last weekend I went camping at a place called Devil's Lake, an hour away from Madison. It was really fun and I will write about it once I get pictures of the trip from my friends.

Tomorrow I am going to Montana to hang out with my best college friends Kate, Anna and Lizza. We always write pretty good blogs together so look forward to that!

No comments: