Friday, June 26, 2009

Life in the world of the unemployed

I am not unemployed, just in between jobs.

At first I was really worried I would be "bored" and "sleep all the time" and maybe even start bad habits to pass the time like "smoking" or "watching bad reality TV"....OK the last one I already do.

But I have discovered that I have adapted to the world of not working disturbingly fast. It has gotten to the point where I don't know how people find the TIME to work!

I did some filming for Blame Society Production's series called Thor's Kitchen. I will post it when it is finished, but that may be a little while.

It was filmed in Appleton, WI (aka Apple-wood). I was type cast as the super cute college student. Here are some pictures from the shoot (click to enlarge):

Me studying my three lines, no one said this glamourous life was easy:

Aaron Yonda and Tona Williams getting the camera and mic just right for my highly anticipated and high profile scene in which I wear a Snoogie (blanket with sleeves):

I hate the camera but those photogs are sneaky:

Snoogie scene with Dionysus (Matt Sloan):


Thor (Brad Knight) getting a haircut. I had to fight through the masses of paparazzi to get this insider shot:


The money shot. I told US Weekly I would sell it for 150K, my offer was denied:


Hercules (Dan Davies) ready for his close-up:

The pros caught in action:


I also had my first PAID improv gig, doing sound effects and music for a show Monkey Business did in the Wisconsin Dells. It was a lot of fun, I really enjoy doing the behind the scenes stuff and getting to watch the show.

We also had another Out-on-a-Limb-Prov show which went great. Then we celebrated the solstice at Linda's house! I have pictures of that too, but I think that should wait for another day. I hate to overwhelm my audience with too much at once. You are welcome Mom, Dad, Grandma and Kelly! :)

1 comment:

SofĂ­a said...

I used to say I was in between jobs too... that was over a year now and, not only I picked up a lot of bad habits, but also I don't kid myself about my situation anymore: I am unemployed and theres's no real prospects for me around here... :S
I really hope that's not your case.

Good Luck!
E.