Tuesday, May 27, 2008

summer starts

The weekend was a success! I slept, ate, read, put one foot in the freezing water and hung out in the sunshine up at Three Lakes, fulfilling all my goals for the weekend! My grandparents cooked some delicious meals which included (but are not limited to) pancakes and bacon for breakfast, traditional Wisonsin brats for Memorial day lunch and baby back ribs for dinner. There were also some pretty impressive thunder storms at night which I enjoyed watching from the comfort of the couch. Now I feel the summer has truly started!

Last night was Laura's last in America so we met up one final time on the Memorial Union Terrace. I was surprised at how many people were there but not really because it was warm and breezy by the lake. Now she is on her way back for her last 6 months in Samoa.

I'm back at work for the rest of the week but I don't mind because on Saturday I'll be headed home to Chapel Hill for a week! I will also (hopefully) be getting a camera finally so I can take lots of pictures as I find my blog boring without them!

No comments: