Monday, May 19, 2008

Halfway there!

On Wednesday I wrapped up my first year of grad school so I am half-way done with my masters! Finals were pretty brutal and I studied for them like I've never studied before. I put in lots of time at the library and my brain was pretty fried by the end of it all.

Now I am working full-time over the summer and trying to get used to the idea that I won't be going up to camp and spending a full month outside (unless you count sleeping in a tent as being "inside"). It makes me pretty sad but it just means I'll have to make the most of the time that I'm not at work. I also decided that working in an office without any windows is a good thing because then I can pretend its raining out! (Hey I'm just making the best of it!)

This weekend was a great end to a horribly stressful week. On Friday I met up with some friends on the terrace (Laura was back in town because her sister was graduating), we relaxed for a few hours enjoying the sun and the beer. Later we feasted on brats and listened to a friend's band. On Saturday there were more graduation festivities: a cookout at the park and an open bar at the Madison Club. We took full advantage of the situation and had a great time unselfishly celebrating our friends' accomplishments :) On Sunday my improv class had a party so we ate and played some games. It was quite a weekend of free food and drink, the money I was saving was squandered however when I filled my gas tank for the first time in two months (I'm not sure how I got away with that, I think taking the bus everyday to work actually does make a difference.)

Next weekend I'll be making my first trip of the summer to northern Wisconsin and hopefully spend some time at our cabin in Three Lakes. Yay summer!!

No comments: