Friday, May 9, 2008

Almost done...

My two hardest finals are next week (epidemiology and biostats) so I'll be spending an exciting weekend holed up at different study locations (coffee shops, barnes and noble, borders and maybe even a library if I can make myself). The exams are Tuesday and Wednesday and after that I am free!!!

Well at least free from school, I'll be upping my hours at the Pop Health Institute and start work on multiple projects. I will also be re-starting my job at Environmental Health News where I work as a Web Researcher. My name is listed as a current employee on the site even though I haven't worked there in exactly a year so maybe they knew I couldn't stay away. It's a fun job that starts between 5:00-6:00am (depending on when I wake up) and usually lasts until 8:30 or 9:00am. My job is to run different Google news searches on various hot environmental health topics (such as global warming or water quality) and see what has come up in the news either late the previous night or early that morning. Then I check where the story originated and post it to the site. It's fast paced and fun and all the while you chat with your co-workers online. The best part is they can't see you so you get to work in your pajamas!

Tonight I'm going to a BBQ at my boss's house, hopefully it won't get too crazy as I plan on studying later...but you never know with those Public Health people!

No comments: