Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer Vacay: Three Lakes, Wisconsin

We left North Carolina early Saturday morning to make the most of the first part of our vacation: Northern Wisconsin. After renting a car at the Central Wisconsin Airport we drove directly to Nueskes to pick up huge packages of bacon, sausage, cheese, and beer. After a quick stop for dinner at my grandparents house we drove on up to Three Lakes.

After a restful night's sleep I was up early excited to get the boat in the water. I really wanted to teach Ben to water-ski! But he did not seem to share my excitement....
After rousing him out of bed I strapped him in to a tiny life-jacket:
And got the boat ready:


He was nervous so I showed him how easy it it (obviously not disclosing the fact that I hadlearned when I was 7.)
It was now Ben's turn so into the water he went.
"I'm readyyyyy"
Front view of the cottage from the lakeBen actually did get up after a few tries and even skied for a good 8 seconds but I have no evidence because I was so excited I forgot to take a picture.

Anyway, we decided enough was enough so we pulled out the bright yellow tube which turned out to be wayyyyy more fun:

And with that we were done for the day!


No comments: