Thursday, September 10, 2009

From Wisconsin to North Carolina

I'm alive!! (In case you were wondering) And I am back in Chapel Hill. I have moved back in with my parents and am what Mali likes to call "recession chic". However, I have assured them it is only temporary, though I think I could get used to it.....

The last few days were a flurry of friends, beers and many tears (rhyme!). I had my final final Madison improv show on Friday (though really it isn't my final one because I was told I am welcome to come back and play anytime, and I definitly plan to visit!), went to the Great Dane on Saturday to celebrate Mali leaving her job as a nursing assistant to begin Nursing school, and Sunday and Monday nights I spent quality time with all of my lovely friends.

Acutally Sunday night Mali, Matt, Sean and I went to see the movie District 9 and I felt a bit motion sick through most of it.

Sean and I at the sidelines at the show.
Ricker and Babs dancing to live music outside the DaneAll of us having a super awesome time!

Everyone had tons of energy!
Matt couldn't get over the fun he was having!

My dad flew into Madison on Tuesday, we stopped by the terrace for beer and brats before we hit the road.


The drive back wasn't as terrible as we feared. Actually it flew by because of a book on tape called Dead Sleep, scary! We stayed overnight in Indy and made it home around 8pm the next day, I think total driving time was 16 hours and despite all of my mechanic's warnings, the car had no problems!

To make the transition more bearable, I brought a few bottles of my favorite Wisconsin beer with me.

Something was missing, I wasn't sure what it was until I found it at Trader Joes! Cheese curds! In the South!

I also ran into this cow and we reminisced about greener pastures. He said that when he earns enough money he is going to quit Chic-Fil-A and go back to Wisconsin, I said that in this economy, he is lucky to have a job at all.

My mom is a big fan of Brent Favre so I got her this shirt!

No comments: