Monday, September 17, 2012

As promised....more skydiving!

I got my pictures in the mail along with a great video. Here are just a few:

Dan and I on the plane! Dan is strapped to the man right behind him.

Solo jumper and his videographer jumped right before us, I think I blacked out because I don't remember this looking so scary:
 Here we go!
 Camera guy: SMILE!
 The jump:
 I love this shot from below of us falling from the plane:
 And off the plane goes and down we go!
 Little fluffy clouds
 The free fall lasted 60 seconds but it didn't even feel like we were falling. It felt like we were just in suspension with a wind machine keeping us up.
All I remember is not being able to breathe because the wind was insane. I do remember thinking "SMILE, Kyla, this is being filmed!" It was really hard to breathe when I smiled but I did it for the BLOG!
We got to float down for about 5-6 minutes, it was really beautiful and surreal. The only thing ruining this moment was that my ears had some serious popping to do. I felt like my head was going to explode, but I did all the tricks (yawning, holding your nose and blowing) and I could just hear it squeaking when it was coming out of my ears.
 Perfect landing! That was so amazing.

No comments: