Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Three Lakes, Wisconsin: BEST TOWN IN AMERICA!?!?!


Could it really be true?

Of course I love Three Lakes, Wisconsin and would certainly name it as one of my favorite places in the entire world. Ever since I was a baby my family would spend a week or two each summer in my grandparent's cottage on Big Stone Lake. I would look forward to swimming in the lake, learning how to waterski (with the ski's tied together at age 7 so I could stay up), making my parents tow me behind the boat for hours, paddling the puppy in the kayak, going underneath the raft and my dad scaring me into thinking giant spiders lurked under there, sitting on the end of the dock soaking up the sun, going into town and eating sweet corn at the Fireman's picnic, driving the hour from the camp where I worked as a counselor to spend my 24 hours off sometimes bringing a whole crew of friends, sometimes going alone to enjoy a few rare hours of solitude, recovering from mono, recovering from strep throat...the good times are endless.

Anyway, why am I talking about this again? I just found out that Three Lakes was voted Best Town in America by KRAFT Singles!

What??? How did Kraft even hear about this little <3,000>"Known for its gleaming crystal clear waters and home to the world's largest chain of inland lakes, Three Lakes proved to have what it takes to be considered the "Single Best Town" in America. Nestled amidst a spectacular 650,000-acre national forest, this endearing close-knit community boasts a charming downtown lined with antique-styled lampposts quaint shops and cozy restaurants" --The News

And how does a small town celebrate such an honor?? With an ultimate block party which includes a live performance by Love And Theft, a country band on tour with Tim McGraw and Lady Antebellum, FIVE ABC Daytime and SOAPnet Soaps Stars. And I guess Kraft singles cheese.

As luck would have it I will be in Three Lakes this summer on the exact week that this event will take place.

Maybe this summer a new soap star will be discovered....

No comments: