Saturday, December 6, 2008

Chapel Hill Vacay

Thanksgiving break was exactly what I needed. I got in around 4pm on Wednesday, saw my parents, and then went to my highschool to lurk around. Well it wasn't that creepy, I was there to watch an alumni soccer game (which the alumni lost big time). I saw some old friends and non-friends then headed to downtown Chapel Hill for some of the Carolina (basketball) game, some really big beers and then a quaint little bar called Hell.

Big beers:

In "Hell":
On Turkey day my dad bbq'd the bird on the grill, one of my favorite meals, and my mom made all the other dishes. I, of course, "helped" make the pie. Then my mom and I went to see Twilight, the blockbuster vampire movie. It was soooo good, I think I need to see it again (anyone?). On Friday I went shopping with my mom and then out again with the old crew. What made the night extra fun? I think it was the 60 degree weather and no need to wear a coat anywhere!


Saturday I tried to catch up on some work but mostly caught up on the DVR and Sunday after a few coffee dates I hit the road (or the airport) and arrived safely back in snowy Madison, Wisconsin. The vacay was perfect and I can't wait to go back in a few weeks when I DON'T have to worry about homework, not that I worried about it enough this time around.

I think I could easily move back to Chapel Hill, this is especially true when I face the beginning of winter here in Madison. However winter does bring some exciting things such as the Madison Symphony Orchestra's Christmas concert (last night), classy Christmas parties (tonight), bad Christmas sweater parties (next weekend) and celebrating the end of the County Health Report with coworkers (drinking at the boss's house).

Below are some pics from pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving:

1 comment:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Hello Kyla,

I came across your blog via blogger next blog/random option.

Those are amusing photos. All the best with the studies. I have a PhD defence next month.

Russ Murray

thekingpin68

satire and theology